Oct 13, 2016

What is Love?

This question has been in my mind for years now. Now I know what love is not like.

Love is not when you are (with) someone who tries to change the things the other one loves.
Love is not when you are an object to be owned.
Love is not forcing someone to feel this or that.
Love is not when you use someone shamelessly.
Love is not when things go wrong, and you decide to payback.
Love is never body shaming.
Love is never controlling.
Love is not when you lust someone so much that their feelings don't matter.
Love is not constant pain caused by the other.
Love is not constant fear.
Love is never over-jealousy.
Love does NOT break your spirit.
Love is taking care of yourself, at least for the other one beside you.
Love is not endless promises.
Love is not getting mad, when someone feels sad.
Love is not forcing someone to be there.

These might sound obvious to you. Unfortunately it is not. I had a relationship like that. I thought it was right, and something normal. It was not. It nearly killed me, I stayed cause I thought I loved it. I actually hated my life. That is the truth. I don't know who's to blame. Maybe neither, maybe both. I don't care. I'm happy now. Now I know what love is not like.

When you love for real, you know it.

~Rebella Darkstar

No comments:

Post a Comment